Total Pageviews

Monday, April 15, 2013

The truth about Kobe and Me


A lot of people think that I am in love with Kobe Bryant and I know I say that a lot indeed but it's because it is the closest sentiment to how I really feel about him. He is handsome (yes), confident (preach), and darn it he's hot as hell but those are not the reasons why I talk about him all the time and love him so much.

How it started?
I saw a video of him jumping over a pool of snakes and I fell in love. Lol! I didn't know who he was, I just knew his name sounded familiar. Then I learned he played for the Lakers, so I was like, ok let's watch him play. I saw a game and realized what an incredible player this man was and I decided to become a Laker Fan. As time went by I started learning more and more about him, his personality, his life, the way he fights to stay on the top of his game and that's when the real journey started.

I cannot say how much I respect this man. This is not the groupie speaking, this is a completely impartial individual who found in Kobe Bryant a role model; a model of persistent drive, a model of incredible will, a model of passion and a model of leadership. Every time i'm in doubt I ask myself "what would Kobe do?" and believe me it worked everytime! He motivated me in tough times and he gave me the strength and the extra push I needed to go through a plethora of situations. For the past two years, mainly, he brought out the best in me in a way I cannot quite put my finger on.
He has that remote ability to make me feel like i'm not digging deep enough and that there are no limits to success and accomplishments. He made me realize that good is never good enough; that there is always better and that one should not settle for less than one's potential!

No, I am not crazy. I am just striving for greatness, the same way Kobe strives for victory. I like going through life knowing that I am capable of the best, and I somehow owe this realization to the Lakers' captain.

Of course, Mr Bryant is probably the most-hated NBA player, and I get that people don't like him because of his arrogance but I like him FOR his arrogance. Let's be honest, the road to success is sinusoidal, it is full of people trying to stop you from attaining your goals and objectives, let alone your dreams; you somehow need to be strong enough to put them in their place, rude enough to scare them away,  and tough enough to ignore all the BS.

Kobe Bryant is a model of dedication, focus, determination and domination. He is MY role model and I say that with pride. Some people want to be Oprah, others want to be Obama, some want to be BeyoncĂ©...Why can't I be the Black Mamba?! Why can't I live by the rules of the KobeSystem?!

I am a proud Fan of this man and I am happy because he fuels me not only in my academic life, but in my personal life as well. I can be very groupie-ish sometimes but that's just the tip of the Iceberg. I will keep using the KobeSystem as a part of my code of conduct until I get where I'm headed
-Success
-Adaptation
-Perception
-Explosion
-Domination
-Beastion
-Success at Success

Thank you Kobe Bryant, God bless you.

2 comments:

Kunle said...

You, ma'am, have earned my respect on a completely different level.

Unknown said...

Hihihii!! :) Thank you!!